Boven’s English Bulldogs Policies
Below you’ll find information about our visitation policy, our policies regarding reservations, adoptions, health guarantees, and returns/refunds.
If you would like to see your bulldog in person before the adoption, we can schedule a time that is convenient for the both of us. Please Contact Us and we can discuss visitation.
We do our best to limit outside traffic for our bulldogs while they are in the nursery. Our bulldog puppies are our priority.
We want to minimize disturbances, germs, and possible diseases that may be brought in from unintentional traffic.
Thank you for your understanding.
Below you’ll find a sample of the agreement we have anyone who adopts one of our puppies sign. This is so all parties have a clear understanding of what is expected of them and helps avoid confusion in the long run.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions about this agreement or anything else.
Bulldog Adoption Agreement
Please read over this health guarantee. You will be asked to sign this before adopting your puppy.
- Please read all the terms and conditions of this Bulldog Adoption Agreement.
- A deposit of $200 is required to reserve / hold your bulldog of choice. The forms of payment are Cash, Credit Card, or Paypal, Venmo, Zelle.
- This is a non-refundable deposit. The only exception is a health related issue. If there is a health issue with your bulldog ( while in our care), you will have the option of choosing another bulldog from the litter ( if any are available ), or the option to receive a refund of your deposit. *Reserving a bulldog with your deposit, you agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- Prices will be attached to each puppies picture once litter is shown on website. Prices will vary per bulldog.
OUR HEALTH GUARANTEE
- At the time of the sale, the bulldog is guaranteed to be of good health.
- The bulldog will be checked by a Licensed Vet and deemed to be in good health at the time of the sale. A local health certificate will be provided from that visit to the buyer.
- The bulldog will be kept up to date of all shots and worming. It is the buyers responsibility to continue the vaccinations and worming.
- The buyer should have the bulldog examined by a Licensed Vet within a 72 hour time frame of receiving their bulldog, at the buyers expense.
- If a Licensed Vet finds the bulldog to be unhealthy or unfit for sale, within that 72 hour time frame, the bulldog can be returned for a refund, as long as the bulldog has not been injured or neglected. There must be written documentation provided by the Vet, indicating the bulldog is not healthy for sale.
- This guarantee does not cover any health issues caused by injury or neglect from the buyer
- Guarantee does not cover any illnesses or health problems like allergies, colds, or external parasites. We , the breeder, will disclose any health issues prior to sale.
- We, the breeder, do not assume responsibility for the bulldog after 72 hrs of the sale. It is the buyers responsibility to properly care for the bulldog.
- We, the breeder, assumes no responsibility for any medical expenses incurred after the sale. 10. We, the breeder, do not guarantee size or weight of any bulldog. We will provide weight of the parents and weight of the other puppies in the litter. We can provide an educated guess to a grown bulldog weight and size.
- The bulldog may be returned to the breeder within 30 days of purchase. The bulldog will be taken to a Licensed Vet and examined. If the bulldog is found to be of good health then ½ of the purchase price will be refunded to the buyer, AFTER the bulldog has been placed in a new home. The remaining ½ will be used by the breeder to cover costs of keeping the bulldog current of vaccinations and worming and re-advertising, until a new home is found. If puppy is returned after 30 days, no money will be refunded.
HIDDEN — The seller certifies that, upon receipt, the dog is in good health and has been immunized and wormed according to the accompanying health record of said Bulldog.
The buyer agrees to have the dog examined by your veterinarian at your expense within 5 working days from date of purchase, failure to do so will void this health guarantee. The puppy is guaranteed for (1) year against fatal and life altering congenital diseases that adversely affects the health of the animal. This guarantee will only cover severe hip dysplasia (which hampers the dog’s movement and natural gait and which requires surgery to correct), kidney, heart, pancreas, spine and liver problems of a severe, life threatening or altering nature. If the dog dies within a 1 year time frame, the buyer must pay to have the animal autopsied to determine the reason. The seller reserves the right to a second veterinarian opinion at the expense of the seller. Shipping puppy back is at the seller’s expense. If the reason is found to be one of the above listed conditions, the Seller will replace the puppy from another litter when available. *
* NOTE: This guarantee also does not cover what in the bulldog breed is considered normal: cherry eye, entropian, skin allergies, elongated soft palate, stenotic nares, over-heating or heat exhaustion.
The buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a local veterinarian at their expense within 5 working days from date of receiving puppy. If the veterinarian does not give the dog a clean bill of health, buyer must notify seller immediately. Seller reserves the right to have the dog reexamined by his vet at his cost. Any condition that is minor, correctable or a breed related condition is not covered and conditions which could go away, or is considered to be a condition which a puppy will likely grow out of is not covered. Any conditions caused by an injury after new owner’s take possession is not covered.
Every effort has been made to insure that your puppy is as healthy as possible. However, bulldogs are prone to multiple health problems that are breed related. Buyer agrees to accept responsibility for breed related problems that are not life threatening and are easily treatable. These problems include, but are not limited to: Cherry eye, entropion or ectropion, stenotic nares, skin allergy, localized demodex and heat intolerance. Conditions that warrant return of the puppy include, but are not limited to: severe hip dysplasia, generalized demodex, tracheal atresia, seizure disorder or heart defect.
Boven’s English Bulldog’s will not be responsible for any vet bills acquired. Puppies must be checked by a vet within 5 working days of purchase or health guarantee will be voided. Puppies are guaranteed for one year from the date of purchase. If a puppy is found to have a problem that warrants its return, the buyers vet must send a certified letter that’s signed and dated with the said non treatable defects/illness, buyer must not give us the letter doing so will jeopardize the return of the puppy and possibly void the health contract. The letter must include the vet’s name, address and telephone number.
No cash refunds are given for returned puppies. The puppy will be replaced with a puppy of equal value, same sex, and color if possible within one calendar year of its return or upcoming litter. Puppies that have been injured or exposed to contagious canine diseases are not returnable. Buyer agrees to house the bulldog puppy appropriately in a clean, climate controlled environment, provide vaccinations, worming, heart worm prevention, proper socialization, vet care, food and fresh water.
Puppy has received at least 1 vaccine and wormed 1 time. No replacement will be offered in case of Parvo.
If the dog is found not to be in good health, Seller will resume possession if this is agreeable to both parties. Heat stroke, exhaustion, dehydration and other heat related conditions are not covered in any way.
REMEMBER that a Bulldog can overheat quickly and easily and may die as a result of overheating. Your Bulldog must be an indoor dog.
The buyer agrees to take good care of this dog, feed and house the dog properly, maintain shots, and control the dog on a harness when in public.
This dog is not to be used for any type of puppy mill, dog farm or other mass producing or operation.
This guarantee applies to the original buyer only, and cannot be transferred to a second buyer or owner. Any disputes must be handled in the state of Missouri at buyer(s) expense. Any changes to this contract must be in writing and agreed to and signed by both parties.
Buyer agrees NOT to sell this dog to any retail company or establishment. This contract is legal and may be enforced by legal means at the buyer’s expense and all disputes must be settled in Missouri. This dog is sold to you as a pet only and nothing further.
The buyer(s) agree never to abandon, or surrender the dog to an animal shelter, rescue group or other similar facility, without at least first attempting to contact the seller/breeder to make other arrangements for the dog.
This is a legally binding document. In the event of legal action, buyer(s) will assume all legal costs including, but not limited to, seller’s attorney’s fees and legal costs.